SportsTrace is looking for talented DevOps Engineer
(Entry Level) to join our team remotely. For this particular role, we are looking for BS who have 0-3 years of experience working in an Azure CI/CD environment.
You’ll be a core part of a team that’s passionate about systems thinking, amplifying feedback loops, and continual experimentation and learning. In this role, you’ll have a broad field of influence and work alongside multi-functional teams, automating data center & cloud operations, crafting tools, improving CI/CD pipelines, evangelizing cloud internally, and assisting development teams with their monitoring/alerting/response processes.
- Building infrastructure to power new services or expand existing ones
- Building capabilities that shorten MTTR for code shipment
- Developing standard methodologies for using cloud technologies with development
- teams (we use and love AWS)
- Improving methodologies for managing and maintaining a handful of physical networking and servers in data centers
- Pioneering the use of a new feature of our cloud or in our data centers.
- Improving existing DevOps practices
- Diving into an app’s mysterious behavior with an Application Development Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Azure is a must, GIT is a must
- An intermediate understanding of some development language (our team mostly uses Python, and we also use Bash scripts, C#, SQL)
- Advanced abilities to operate and manage Linux (other posix flavors are acceptable)
- Strong skills with building CI/CD pipelines
- A good understanding of a configuration management tool (we use Ansible and CloudFormation)
- Working experience in a role where the business runs on a cloud, and you have been responsible for portions of leading the use of that cloud
- Working knowledge and understanding of Docker and container management techniques
- Experience with Information Security practices and principles
- You are curious about serverless based approaches to application development and you are always learning and experimenting in the field
- Azure – Blobs, Queues, Vnets, VMs, Containers
- Bash scripting
- Information Science, Computer Science…certifications are nice to have